Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

What Did I Get at H&M?

It's been about a year since I bought clothes from H&M.

I had a notorious addiction to H&M for a while because it was relatively cheap, trendy, and available. When I noticed that I was buying things on a whim instead of really loving a piece, I had to put an end to it. So, I refused to go into the store for a few months and pretty soon, I almost forgot that H&M existed.

Still, I needed to confront my shopping demon vis-à-vis. After all, what's the use of being a "recovered addict" if you still have an unhealthy attraction for your past temptation? The true test comes when you can still retain your senses and make good decisions despite being in a high-risk situation.

For me, I needed to go back to H&M and see if the pull to purchase could be tamed.

Continue Reading...